Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Social Networking


I use networking in many, MANY ways. First of all there is the old boring myspace and Facebook. I mainly use them to talk to my friends of just be nosy watching peoples photos. Even though they are very popular and "harmless" there is a dangerous side to them. There are so many sick perverts and pedophiles who are just looking for a good time. The worst part is that they put fake names and photos in your account so instead of adding your uncle as a friend you are adding a rapist! I also use many other social networks. For example, I also use vampirefreaks.com which is a place where metal bands create profiles to promote their music. Many now famous metal bands when discovered there.

Social networking is starting to affect how we work in school. Our teachers are using moodle.com for many things. Actually the student council elections were in moodle. We are also using well....what I am using now, Blogger.com. We also used goodreads.com but that was fairly short. More and more education is starting to base itself in social networking.

I think that instead of not letting us use Facebook and myspace they should teach use how to use it correctly. I mean, we are gonna use them back in are houses anyway so why not! Maybe they can even teach us to protect owerselves from pedophiles or pervs (yes I know they are the same thing) and how to use it wisely to our advantage. They should seriously consider this becouse social networking is taking over the world!



10 comments:

  1. great post! Thanks for sharing. Please remember to read over your posts one last time before posting to find spelling/grammar mistakes.
    mm

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you're write. I agree of what you're saying on all of your parragraphs. On your last parragraph I agree that we have to use facebook and myspace correctly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. juan pablo i totally agree with you.ESpecialy in your last and first paragraph.Ived had many people add me that i dont even know, and they just keep sending creepy messeges but i end up takin them off my friend list. I also agree with the fact that we should learn how to use it if we are gonna be using it for the rest of our lives. Does are the reasons why i agree with you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. true, true, true

    I think the teacher SHOULD teach us how to use the facebook correctly. We are going to use it at home, or in school but not letting the teachers see us. So, why not show us how to protect ourselves? They should consider that social networks are not gonna go out, they'll just grow and grow. Each time there are more networks, and more people using them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree on what you wrote. I've been in a lot of Social Media places and I find virus and people I don't even know who they are.The teachers should help us to find a secure way of using Facebook.

    ReplyDelete
  6. JUAN, i agree with you in your second paragraph. Teachers need to show us how to protect us. I also agree on creepy people wanting to add me, when i dont even know who they are.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Holly! Wow JP you DO speak alot about pervs. I TOTALLY AGREE, I once also got these types of spams. I think teachers need to show us how to protect ourselves from these networks.

    ReplyDelete
  8. JP.....This is very true of what you speak. All these social media networks might contain alot of very harmful images texts. Also, its very true of what you talked about perverts. There are many in these site and can hack you a find where you live. Just imagine some stranger walk up you drive way and go DING DONG and your door bell and probably even do things i will not speak of.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I loved it! It really shows that you know alot about social media. Also, I really do agree with everything you said. Good Job.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Jp I totaly agree with you. I agree that people add you with out you eveb knowing them. All youre paragraphs are awsome!!!

    ReplyDelete