Wednesday, November 10, 2010

William Kentridge

After seeing William's work I am very impressed. It is very abstract but brilliant. I specially admire his patience to do something like this. The feeling it bring are the viewer are weird. When I saw it I felt very bizarre. It seems like something you would only see in dreams. It gives out a dark vibe since the only color used. To conclude, I really like William Kentridge's artwork even though it makes me feel funny.

Explaining this work to a blind person is very complicated. I would say something like it being a series of images shown fast enough to show movement. However, a blind person has no idea what are images so it would be a real dilema. I imagine the process to create a stop motion animation is very complicated. I believe that first he has to plan everything out as in what he wants to do and the order in which things will happen. Then he does a rough sketch of what it will look like. Then he does the actual work having to take a picture then erease it and draw it slightly different. I bet you have to be very patient and talented to creat a stop motion animation like William.

No comments:

Post a Comment